October 2020 – Celiac Disease Foundation
This month we will be donating a portion of our sales to the Celiac Disease Foundation
Celiac Disease is an auto immune disease. Gluten or Gluten Free are the words most commonly associated with Celiac, however the connection and effects from it are usually not understood. Until a few years ago most people had not heard of Celiac. I learned of it about 15 years ago and was diagnosed shortly after. Here I will be giving information about the organization your donations will be going to. You can read more about my personal story and gemstones for healing and awareness here on my blog
Here are some facts about Celiac Disease:
- Affects 1 in 100 people.
- 3 million Americans across all genders, races and ages have the disease
- It is hereditary
- Is believed that it first began in humans at the advent of the first agricultural revolution. (Read more about the history of celiac disease.)
- 83% of people are undiagnosed or misdiagnosed.
- 6-10 years is the average time a person waits to be correctly diagnosed in the US.
- Can lead to a number of other conditions including infertility, neurological disorders and some cancers.
- Can also trigger the onset of other autoimmune diseases.
- A strict, 100% gluten-free diet is currently the only way to control Celiac Disease. There is currently no pharmaceutical treatment.
Celiac is a very serious auto immune disease with no cure. Currently there is a lot of research to help find a cure for the debilitating disease. Please consider purchasing a piece of jewelry to help support the cause. You can learn more about the organization and donations at https://celiac.org/
Thank you for your Support xx